The Challenge: Taking the management burden off your shoulders
The NPI Solution:
Turnkey project management is the key to successful quick turn prototypes. Successful prototype runs aren’t solely reliant on the SMT (surface mount technology) line alone, but on a competent, professional project manager driving the build from start to finish when the kit is ready for assembly.
Let’s say, your design engineer calls for the latest limited-supply semiconductors to meet design performance parameters. This can quickly become a supply chain nightmare. Instead of receiving the components, he receives bad news: “No stock for 12 weeks. MOQ 1,000. Got any alternatives?”
Other CMs (contract manufacturers) may expect you to solve the problem yourself, but not NPI Services. That’s what sets us apart.
When our project managers first review your BOM (Bill of Materials) and price out your component kit, they also flag any description-to-p/n discrepancies, complete/incomplete p/ns, long-lead components (over two weeks), and provide in-stock alternatives. Our team even includes datasheet hyperlinks that allow your design engineers to simply click, review, and approve what’s being offered.
NPI turnkey project management also provides comprehensive AS9100 & ISO 13485 services for prototype and pre-production quality CCAs/PCBAs. We bring more than 20 years of experience building complex R&D prototypes for a wide range of defense prime contractors and innovative medical device startup companies.
Other companies that benefit from NPI’s extensive industry experience and long-term relationships include wired and wireless telecommunications, EGSEs for space exploration, industrial, automotive, and green energy applications.
We manage R&D prototype production quickly, economically, and efficiently. By outsourcing part procurement through NPI’s turnkey management services, we can reduce your in-house purchase order overhead costs significantly along with tremendous time savings.
We complete your projects to your specifications, on time and on budget
How we do it, we:
- Comply with your legal, cyber, quality, and confidential information policies (e.g. NDAs) to quickly process RFQs / RFPs.
- Collaborate with customers to clearly define SOW (statement of work) and RFP specifications, so we quote it right the first time.
- Understand customer quality notes for appropriate IPC / ISO manufacturing specifications.
- Perform a thorough risk assessment per NPI QMS to confirm we have the capabilities to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Provide complete supply chain material assessment to identify lead-times & MOQs.
- Adapt quickly to innovative new industry processes and quality changes.
- Stay informed and quickly implement updates to NIST SP 800‐171 (DFARS 252.204‐7012) Cyber Security CMMC Level 3 policies and options for secure file transfers.
In addition, our CCA / PCBA turnkey management includes:
- Rapid 48-hour FFP (firm fixed price) quotes
- Reliable ROM (rough order of magnitude) quotes for IRAD engineering R&D budgets
- Electrical design support services
- PCB layout design & fabrication
- Kitting and assembly from 1 to 1,000 units
- BOM analysis for RoHS and leaded alternate solutions or conversions
- BOM / ECO configuration change management
- Innovative PCB assembly solutions: wire/ribbon bonding and stacked die
- Functional and flying probe test services
- Test engineering cables, harnesses, and modules
- Mechanical design & 3D printing fabrication services
- Box-build enclosure fabrication and integration
- Production quotation analysis
- Cost reduction strategies
- EOL real-time analysis on mature products
- Packaging & logistics
If you have new requirements, please allow NPI Services, Inc. to explore the opportunity, so together we can implement more advanced manufacturing processes.
Contact NPI Services, Inc. to discuss your Turnkey Project Management needs.