Ensure standards, materials, and fabrication techniques are an ideal match to your PCB specification requirements
The NPI Solution:
We can fabricate any PCB you require: Rigid / Rigid-Flex, HDI, or conventional. We certify the finished product matches your specification requirements exactly.
Sure, you can search all over to have your various PCB fabrication needs met. Or, you can simplify the process by specifying NPI Services, Inc.
If you need an ASIC reference design, IRAD demo, marketing prototype for a tradeshow, or a production run of 1 or 1,000, our expert printed circuit board partners will fabricate your PCBs to your specifications, schedule and satisfaction.
HDI PCBs (High Density Interconnect PCBs)
Need increased functionality in a smaller space? No problem. Our HDI PCBs are characterized by high-density attributes including laser microvias, fine lines, and high-performance thin materials. The increased density translates as more functions per unit area.
Need highly complex interconnection structures ultra-high-speed designs? Again, no problem. HDI PCBs give you the necessary routing solutions for today’s large pin-count semiconductors.
Surface Finish Options
NPI Services, Inc. Offers The Following Surface Options:
- Tin-lead HASL
- Lead-free HASL
- Ni & hard Au
- Ni & soft Au
- Immersion silver
- Immersion tin
Class 2 And Class 3 PCB Fabrication
Class 2: For dedicated service electronic products where continued performance and extended life are required, and uninterrupted service is desired, but not critical.
Class 3: For high-reliability electronic products demanding continued high performance where equipment downtime is not an option. Class 3 fabrication is typically used for life support systems and critical systems such as, but not limited to pacemakers, satellites and radar signals.
Flex & Rigid-Flex PCB Fabrication
This technique is perfect for commercial markets (computers, telecommunications, instrumentation, etc.), as well as medical, aerospace, and defense markets.
Rigid-Flex circuitry is a simple way to integrate multiple PCB assemblies and other elements–display, input, or storage devices–without using wires, cables, or connectors. Instead, we replace them with thin, light composites that integrate wiring in ultra-thin, flexible ribbons between sections.
Flex & Rigid-Flex PCBs
- Type 1: Single-sided flexible material with or without shield(s) or stiffener (one conductive layer)
- Type 2: Double-sided flexible material with or without shield(s) or stiffener (two conductor layers) with plated through-holes
- Type 3: Multilayer flexible material with or without shield(s) or stiffener (more than two conductor layers) with plated through-holes and HDI
- Type 4: Multilayer rigid and flexible material combinations (more than two conductor layers) with plated through-holes and HDI
Flex & Rigid-Flex Features
- 1-30+ layer capability
- IPC 6013 types 1, 2, 3, 4
- Complex balanced and unbalanced structure
- Mil-Spec and UL qualified
- Acrylic, epoxy, and adhesiveless polyimide
- Silver film and silver ink EMI shielding
- Custom surface finishes
- Flex assembly services
- Custom forming and fitting on flex
Conventional PCB Features
- Multilayer (up to 60+ layers)
- Laminate options: high temp, low loss, lead-free
- Mixed dielectric (hybrid) constructions
- Panel size up to 30″x 55″
- Embedded coin or metal core and metal-backed MLB
- Panel thickness up to .450″
- RF and microwave circuits
- Vertical and horizontal launch sites
- Multilevel cavity construction
- Exact registration / laser direct imaging
- Optical routing referencing launch pads
Precision Stub Removal
- Mechanical back-drilling (minimal stub)
- Laser drilling (no stub)
- Laser modified controlled depth drill (no stub)
- Heavy copper (10 oz. outer layer / 5 oz. inner layer)
- Embedded, distributed, and discrete passive components
Bare PCBs are core components of any electronic subsystem, so its critical materials are top quality, standards are the highest possible and fabrication techniques comply with your PCB specifications.
To achieve this NPI provides:
- IPC Class 2 and Class 3 PCB fabrication
- A variety of surface finishes (HASL, Lead-Free HASL, ENIG, ENEPIG, and more)
- A variety of material options (Isola, Nelco, Arlon, Rogers, and more)
Contact NPI Services, Inc. to discuss your HDI PCB Fabrication needs.