Many OEM’s understand the necessity to outsource their electronic manufacturing services. We have all heard these rudimentary facts countless times. Operating with an electronic manufacturing services company minimizes your fixed costs, allows your OEM to focus on its true core competencies, increases the quality of your product, maximizes your opportunity to be first to market, and more. Working with an electronic manufacturing services provider is the nature of the beast in the prototype industry, but the key to optimizing these services begins at the selection process.
With 18 years of experience and customers ranging from aerospace industry to college students, the NPI Services Team will assist your preparation process for selecting your electronic manufacturer services provider.
Listed below is what to consider before selecting your electronic manufacturing services provider:
- Researching the capabilities of an electronic manufacturing services company will confirm that your prototype expectations are met.
- Common questions to ask yourself are:
- Am I going to need a low-volume, mid-volume, or high-volume production of my prototype?
- How quickly can they quote my project?
- Up to what IPC class does your electronic manufacturing services company provide?
- If you need multiple services, does the company you contract with provide full turnkey electronic services, such as CAD, cabling and machined enclosures?
- Does your contract manufacture offer various turn-times to best meet your budget and schedule needs?
- Contracting with a seasoned electronic manufacturing services company will benefit your OEM in many ways.
- One particular advantage is the price breaks you receive on your material costs due to the relationship that the electronic manufacturing services provider has with its distributors.
- An experienced electronic manufacturing services company will have a quality management system to ensure that your prototype is built to spec and SOW compliant.
- To discover more information about the experience of your electronic manufacturer services partner, view their testimonials.
- Although it may be appealing to outsource offshore, be cautious and understand that many offshore businesses do not adhere to the same standards for electronic manufacturing services and do not have the same U.S. fair labor laws.
- Time-zone differences may lead to communication issues and production or shipment delays.
- Using an onshore or local electronic manufacturing services company will reduce your overall freight expenses.
- Partnering with an onshore or local electronic manufacturing services provider will increase the response rate and probability of completing your prototype on-time.
To learn more about Electronic Manufacturing Services visit www.npiservices.com